Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 11



BUT NO

smarty pants
(that's me)

I COME from THE canada
Sorry Canada

 1st ADDENDUM: I will now make my third correction in this post, what I should have said was, "Je viens du Canada" ... whatTHEwhatTHEwhatTHEwhat?

2nd ADDENDUM: I studied this lesson, and in particular, this phrase, for days in my garden in 2011 while weeding and seeding, before heading to Paris to live for 3 months. For some reason had a lot of difficulty remembering how to say, 'des Etats-Unis' AKA the United States, although I liked how it rolled off my tongue when I repeated it for hours on end. Now, I just need to look at the words and it all comes back to me and I can say it :)

Repeating after someone is very different from trying to recall any of it afterwards which I found out when I landed in France back in Spring 2012 and just last week when I tried to remember anything I'd learned since starting this blog on 1 January in an effort to learn more. I suppose anything is more than what I knew before though - and so I will carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment